Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Finds-Grapette

Let's Share a Cold Grapette

Today, as I was searching through the old newspapers, I came across an old ad for Grapette Soda. Oh, how I loved those sodas as a kid!

When I was a little girl we didn't have an icebox full of soda's. You drank water, milk, tea, lemonade or Kool-aid. Soft drinks were for special times. 

I can especially remember going down to the corner store on a hot day just to get a cold Grapette. If I remember correctly they were also my father's favorite as well. One day they disappeared from the shelves. I guess they quit making them. Then years later they reappeared in can form sold by Wal-Mart. Now I could introduce my children to the sweet grape drink. If I make a ham sandwich, add some Cheetos, and a cold Grapette and close my eyes, I can be 7 years old all over again. 







No comments:

Post a Comment