Monday, October 14, 2013

Modern day Piracy! Hijacked by Feedspot!

Well, It was my turn today to get the standard email from Feedspot;
 Hi,
My name is Anuj. I'm Founder of Feedspot - A Google Reader replacement with built-in Search and Sharing features.

We recently launched Feedspot and got reviewed by TechCrunch.

I'm writing this to let you know that your blog has started getting new followers on Feedspot. You can view your blog and its followers on Feedspot from here. If you need detailed monthly/yearly analytics on how your blog is performing on Feedspot, please let me know.

As your blog is adding value to Feedspot, I'd like to give you one year Feedspot Premium subscription for free.

Best,
Anuj



I have seen many frustrated bloggers with the same issue. They complain to Feedspot and get a generic email back explaining that it is just an RSS feeder and if you block it then you will lose viewers.



1 comment:

  1. It's just one of dozens of feed aggregators around the world. People use it to keep track of the pages they are subscribed to, no different than Google Reader was or your own Blogger Dashboard. I use Feedly myself. You were merely spammed, that's all.

    More info, if it helps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feed_aggregator

    Moderating comments (which you may already) eliminates spam from your blog before it is posted, although I realize it's still aggravating to see it even behind the scenes. I get plenty of it myself.

    ReplyDelete