Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Advent Calendar- Other Traditions

Each year my mother put out the manger that was hand made by my grandfather. She then added the figures of the Blessed Mother, Joseph, the shepherd boy, sheep, cow, donkey and the three wise men.
Wait a minute. Where is the star of the show? The baby Jesus?

Not in our house, not before Christmas. On Christmas Day we would add the baby Jesus to the manger after wishes of Happy Birthday. I used to try to be the first one up so I could place the infant Jesus into his waiting manger.

When I had children, I carried on the tradition of adding the baby Jesus on Christmas Day. My daughter took over my duty of being the first one up on Christmas to add him to his waiting manger.









This is the eleventh blog in the series by GeneaBloggers Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories 2012.

1 comment:

  1. My sister places Baby Jesus in her Nativity set on Christmas Day, too, Michelle. But, I love seeing Him so much with all the other characters in the Manger that I put everybody there when I first set up our Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete