Friday, December 7, 2012

Advent Calendar- Holiday Parties

Each year we attend Christmas parties held by various branches of the family and then of course there are those wild and crazy office parties.

As a child everyone came to my house on Christmas Eve for our family Christmas party. We had lots of food and drinks, exchanged gifts, and generally had a good time. We still get together today each Christmas Eve and eventually everyone ends up sitting around telling the favorite stories that no one seems to get tired of hearing. Usually they are told by my husband or my brother and are generally at my expense, but it is okay because I thankfully can laugh at myself. The favorite all time holiday get together story is the time it actually snowed in south Mississippi. My husband and I were then dating and we were all out playing in the snow, throwing snowballs. He made a snowball which was mainly ice and I ran screaming, zig- zagging through the yard and suddenly with perfect prescision WHAP I was knocked in the back of the head so hard I did a flip in the air head over heels. He thought he killed me, but I jumped up screaming, I am going to kill you for that!! For some reason this story delights young and old and they never tire of hearing it retold.

When I began dating my husband we then had three places to be on Christmas Eve. My parents, his parents, and his grandparents. His grandparents had a huge party each Christmas Eve for their large family and it was always a festive time to go from party to party with theirs being the last stop of the evening.








This is the seventh blog in the series by GeneaBloggers Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment