Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hormonal Genealogist

Being married to a genealogist, it is a never ending array of going to graveyards, being lied to about whose graves your cleaning. Finding out you're married to your cousin.(Insert Jeff Foxworthy joke here) Finding out at every family reunion how much your wife looks like your great aunt. (Who is kin to her and you) How she can not pronounce the word mayonnaise, or as she says maneeeeeese. (So embarrassing) Having her kick me off of the Call of Duty server so she can find a dead relative from the early 1800s. Claiming one day to make tons of money doing what she calls a Hobby. (I say obsession) Getting so busy searching dead relatives she forgets important things like Cooking, and spending quality time with her now living family.(Maybe after we are dead we will get the respect we deserve!) Learning that the first cast iron pot was made in 1797, mason jars were invented in 1858, these things I could not have gone through life just not knowing.
So, the above writings would of course not be from yours truly, but from a much disgruntled husband who happened to find his wife's blog open and apparently inviting! I could of course have just deleted this post, but in all good fun, I decided to go ahead and leave it. After all he was sort of dead on about most of it!


3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! Nice to see things from the other side for once! I'll recommend everyone I know to come take a look at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to discover this blog tonight ( via the Advent Memories link on geneablogger) . Lots of great stories . Totally love the title of this post " Hormonal Genealogist" . Now I have a name for what's wrong with me .........I will ask my Doctor ( not my husband !).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, that was my preteen and up years....graveyards,libraries(microfilm)& mailing letters to Louisiana, France,Switzerland,England,fir burth certificates,marriage licenses, and baptismal records.Mom invested of time and money over the years.After Katrina my husband and son found all the papers, collector ornaments and my crystal containers and set them together with several of my dads tools. By the time he and my son got help to carry all of it someone had helped themselves to it and gave all the documents to a Ladner official they said. I think it is a shame for many know Lois Ladner Ladnier Helbert had worked many years on it and lived on White Harbor.Sader than that, some documents were written with errors on purpose and I noticed in the Hancock County Historical Files some documents are them. So we are now sure of who took claim to our property and moms years of hard work.

    ReplyDelete