Sunday, December 23, 2012

Advent Calendar- Christmas Sweetheart Memories

Evey year for Christmas I hoped to get that special thing all girls dream of.....the diamond of course!

The first Christmas my husband and I were together I was not thinking of getting a diamond yet, but I sure wasn't expecting twins! He gave me a set of the ugliest babies ever, Cabbage Patch dolls. Ugh. Not exactly what I was expecting. Every year after that however I would ask "What did you get me, give me a hint?" Out of worry for the repeat of the ugly doll incident. He would always just answer it is bigger than a breadbox and it won't fit in the mailbox. It never failed. This was always the answer. So I left hundreds of hints. Finally after five Christmases, I opened a box that had a radar detector on the box. I didn't even bother to open it. Who wants a radar detector for Christmas? He asked aren't you going to open it? I said no and finally after about an hour he said, "OPEN the dang box!" So, I did and inside was a smaller box. A ring box with that diamond inside!

He then asked me to marry him. 







This is the twenty third in the series by GeneaBloggers Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment